Green Real Estate - Find Your Perfect Home For Sale!
Green Listings Summary
Green - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Green: $399,900 / County Avg $273,500
Avg Sq. Ft. in Green: 2,076 / County Avg 2,338
Avg Price per/ft2 in Green: $193 / County Avg $117
Avg Walkscore in Green: 7 / County Avg 31
Avg Year Built in Green: 1952 / County Avg 1962
Avg Days on Website in Green: 4 / County Avg 69
Green Real Estate Market Health
Green is one of Northwest Ohio’s newest cities, so there is a plethora of new housing developments in and around the city. However, that doesn’t mean Green is devoid of history, as there are several established neighborhoods with historic homes in addition to older lakefront properties surrounding Portage Lakes. Green real estate includes a diverse collection of homes, ranging in style from traditional to Colonial, and everything in between.
Lifestyle and Attractions
Green is a charming suburban city maintaining a small-town feel. However, the city is not small in land size, as it encompasses 34 square miles of five interconnected burgs, including Aultman, Comet, East Liberty, Greensburg, and Myersville. Just within the past decade or so, new housing developments, major health and wellness facilities, and upscale shopping areas have redefined the once rural landscape. Green is not only increasing in population; it has acquired a number of new businesses in recent years. Major businesses with headquarters in Green include Diebold Nixdorf, FedEx, Fannie May, UTC Aerospace Systems, and more.
Green is home to the MAPS Air Museum, a museum displaying aircraft in a former US Air National Guard hangar. The City of Green maintains 10 carefully planned parks enveloping more than 530 acres of land, including the new Central Park, with an amphitheater, a splash pad, a playground, walking trails, and a pavilion. A farmers’ market meets at Central Park during the spring and summer. Additionally, there are plenty of places in and around Green for outdoor recreation, including five golf courses, and Portage Lakes, a chain of 12 reservoirs all linked through a series of canals incorporating a 441-acre state park with swimming, boating, fishing, hiking and camping. Singer Lake Bog, a 344-acre nature preserve, is another spectacular natural destination near Green.
Residents of Green enjoy a convenient lifestyle, as the city is almost equidistant from Akron and Canton, located approximately 13 and 15 miles away, respectively. The city of Green is easily accessible by three major highways, including I-77, OH-619, and OH-241. The Akron-Canton Regional Airport is located mostly in the city of Green, making the city even more accessible.
Nearby Schools and Higher Education
The city of Green is served by Green Local Schools, which includes Greenwood Early Learning Center, Green Primary School, Green Intermediate School, Green Middle School, and Green High School. There are a variety of private schools in and around Green, including several options in nearby Akron and Canton. While there are no institutions of higher learning located in Green, residents may access a number of nearby colleges and universities, including Stark State College, Kent State University at Stark, Walsh University, and more.
Green Township originally formed in 1809 as part of Stark County. The township became part of Summit County after the new county was established in 1840. Green hosted a number of unincorporated hamlets, most notably, Greensburg. By the year 1900, five unincorporated settlements were a part of Green Township, and the area was surrounded by farmlands growing valuable crops and areas of coal. At that point, the local economy experienced a transition from farming to business and manufacturing. By 1950, farmers started to sell land to developers for residential housing developments, and the increased development led to a discussion about becoming an official city. Voters approved the merger of the village with the rest of the township in 1991. In the beginning of that year, Green Township was officially incorporated as the Village of Green, and it was declared a city in 1992. The first mayor of the city was John Torok.